- Self-Defense: One of the primary advantages of learning to shoot guns is the ability to defend yourself. Possessing the knowledge and skill to handle a firearm can help women feel more secure and confident in potentially unavoidable dangerous situations. In the Women of Weshoot, we live this and are firm believers in a person’s constitutional right to defend themselves.
- Empowerment: Learning to shoot can be a transformative experience for women, empowering them both physically and mentally. There in the Women of Weshoot we strive to instill a sense of independence, self-reliance, and personal strength, boosting self-esteem and self-assurance both on and off the range.
- Personal Safety: Knowing how to handle a firearm responsibly can enhance personal safety, not only for the individual but also for those around them. Our goal in the Women of Weshoot is teach proper gun safety and an understanding of self-defense strategies which help women increase their ability to protect themselves and their loved ones. When seconds count and the police are only minutes away, being your own First Responder may be critical to your safety and you can learn how to do that here.
- Recreation and Sport: Shooting can be an enjoyable recreational activity and a competitive sport. It offers women the opportunity to engage in a challenging and rewarding hobby, fostering discipline, focus, and skill development. Participating in shooting sports can also build camaraderie and provide opportunities for social interaction. The heck with bowling, let’s go shoot!
- Professional and Occupational Advantages: Learning to shoot can open doors to various professional opportunities and the Women of Weshoot has instructors and members from many occupations that require a high degree of firearms knowledge. In fields such as law enforcement, military service, private security, and certain government positions, firearm proficiency may be a requirement or an advantage. Possessing the skills to handle firearms can broaden career prospects for women interested in such fields. Another aspect is corporate and professional networking. We know golf courses have always been a relaxed place to have “meetings” and get some of the real work of business done. Shooting ranges, trap and skeet fields and even small game hunting events are becoming increasingly popular venues for businesspeople to get together to discuss work topics and form important connections.
- Overcoming Stereotypes and Empowering Others: Women learning to shoot can challenge gender stereotypes and break down barriers. The members of the Women of Weshoot demonstrate their competence and proficiency with firearms and inspire and empower others to pursue their interests and passions, promoting gender equality and inclusivity. They promote the safe use of firearms and welcome women from all backgrounds.
REASONS TO JOIN WOW
If you are interested in joining the Women of Weshoot, feel free to attend a meeting to see what it’s all about. When you decide to join, a special membership is offered and you can get more information at a meeting. WOW meets the first Thursday of the month at 6:30pm (subject to occasional schedule changes) and you must sign up online to attend. If you have any questions, you can contact – WOW@WeShootUSA.com or Heidi@WeShootUSA.com To sign up, go to: www.weshootusa.com
- Training Courses
- Women of Weshoot
- Book this Service
- Choose the date
Remember, responsible gun ownership and usage are paramount. It’s essential to prioritize safety by receiving proper training, understanding local laws and regulations, and regularly practicing safe handling techniques.